Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rhythmbox "Rock" EQ Preset

I recently helped a friend beta test a Winamp plugin, so I had to spend time in Windows. While listening to my music in Winamp, I chose the Rock preset in the equalizer. And my, I felt enlightened. The sound was at least ten times better than the flat sound Rhythmbox produces on my usual Ubuntu system. My music had been revived. When I went back to Ubuntu, I hated the sound. So I spent some time trying to get it sound good, as it did with Winamp. To cut to the chase, use the RBEQ plugin and set your equalizer like this:

8 comments:

  1. congratulations Christopher Kruse
    and tanks

    a coment could it be posible to add some graduation bars to easy find the midle point

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finaly some gets this out. I was so sad to hear my music in Ubuntu, I am a freak on the sound quality and everytime i wanted to listen to music in my computer i had to run windows and use Winamp, now i believe i can get my hopes back to Ubuntu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb.. you made my day.. these settings work fine, I couldn't get to the exact points (as for some reason it didn't allow me in Ubuntu 10.04) but this is good, now I don't miss winamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeaaaahhhhhh make many days, rock preset is fine 8)

    ReplyDelete
  5. good one ;) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great settings, they make my crappy MP3 files sound awesome :D

    ReplyDelete